roadtripping

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


My friends and i took our annual trip to las vegas a few weeks ago and for good measure, i made a pit stop in LA for a few days after ( a girl has got to recover plus I had friends there!). In vegas, naturally, you see a lot of crazy things....weirdos, drunks, crazies, and overall tripppy stuff. I thought this was the be all and end all of weird, freaky things...but then we drove through the dessert from vegas to los angeles and things got weirder. The dessert (at least for me) automatically makes me feel out of my element...in a different world and this dessert ride was quite strange.

We pulled over to switch driving turns at the "jenny rose" restaurant....the road we pulled off on was called "Ghost town" road. It was a Ghost town all right. The restaurant was completely abandoned. It looked like the last time it was open was maybe in the 70's....yet the entire inside was still set up. The cash register was there, all the tables, the plates, pictures. Crazy.

As we drove on, it got weirder. We saw old RV'S with rusty swing sets out front, a donkey beside a shed, dinosaur blow up dolls and the WEIRDEST billboards. After being in vegas I thought my eyes had seen it all, but this ride out did it.

Arriving in Venice felt like I had arrived at a sanctuary. As it always does.

The amazing art pieces were done by one of the people we stayed with. Love.

2 comments:

stilettolover91 said...

Great post!!! I love the dresses in the 2nd photo & the shoes in the 4th!!!

P.S: I posted pics of my new heels a few days ago, go check them out!!!

http://www.hottheels.blogspot.com

Adele said...

Love the shot with the sunglasses!

Adele – http://moltocuriosa.com