Hearty Breakfast


One of the things I miss most about LA is the overwhelming amount of smoothie and juice bars on every corner. While Toronto is definitely stepping up it's game, there are no acai bowls within walking distance to me. Due to this I decided to take matters into my own hands and create my own and I have to say, I am pretty happy. It is the perfect breakfast for a weekend and soo filling!

What you will need to make ONE acai bowl:
☻ 2 Frozen Sambazon Acai Packs 
( I prefer the ones WITHOUT Guarana but they only had this kind at the moment). You can purchase from Whole foods, Goodness Me or The Big Carrot
☻ 1/2 Banana (Half for the mix and the other half for Garnish
A heavy spoonful of Almond Butter
A tablespoons of Bee Pollen
2 tablespoons of Raw Cacao Bits
Handful of Ice
2 tablespoons of shaved unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup of Almond Milk

Garnish:
Shaved Almonds 
Raw Honey 
Handful of Carob Chips
☻1/2 a Banana

Blend all the ingredients into a Magic Bullet or Blender (minus the honey, carob chips, almonds and left over banana)  and blend until all ingredients are mixed well. Garnish with Banana slices, Honey, Shaved Almonds & Carob Chips



**I also sometimes put this creation into a smoothie cup and drink it with a straw during the week ( and when I do this, I ditch all of the garnishes obviously)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

will definitely try it! samantha